The Fraser Institute's Hospital Report Card: Alberta provides an invaluable tool that patients and the general public can use to stimulate improvements in the quality of health services by measuring the performance of Alberta's 102 acute care hospitals.
The 39 indicators of in-hospital quality and safety of care information contained in the Hospital Report Card analyze more than 1.7 million patient records over the period from 2002/2003 to 2006/2007.
Data from all 102 of Alberta's acute care hospitals are included in the report. Alberta Health Services did not grant us authorization to identify hospitals by name in this report. All hospitals are anonymously identified in the report by an arbitrary hospital number. A news release summarizing the report card and the current results was issued on June 18, 2009.
Please refer to the files below for further information:
1. Complete publication (PDF)
2. Overview and Observations (PDF)
3. Methodological Appendices (PDF)
4. FAQs and References (PDF)
5. Alberta Hospital data (ZIP)
Links to Other Helpful Websites
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality indicator modules
Information of Risk Adjustment software:
3M™ All Patient Refined DRG (APR-DRG) and
- Other similar reports:
- Canadian Institute for Health Information